Tuesday 4 December 2012

Modelling the Harbor

Once I had my height map I could start modelling the harbor. To do this I created a plane which I added a displace modifier too. This is where the height map comes into play. Once I have added the displace modifier too the plane I add my height map to the displace modifier.

 To do this I have to go to the displace modifier and under the parameters tab find the image section and add my bitmap image by clicking on none. When I click none it gives me the option to add a image from my computer. The image I will use will be the height map that I have saved to my computer. 

 Once I have added the height map to the image section I have to increase the strength to bring up the layout of the harbor. Once I've incresed the strength it brings up the layout of the harbor as you can see from image below. 
Once I have the layout of the harbor I can start modelling buildings and textures to create Pearl Harbor. I also have to add water to the harbor which will be my next step.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment